Museum of coins and banknotes dating back to different eras.
This collection is comprised of about 1400 coins and 750 bank notes, which have been put on display in an enclosure with almost 2000 Sq. m area, while displaying noticeable section of Iranian coins and notes and also displays parts of the history of this land.
The main sections of this collection are:
- Circles of transaction and period before the minting of coins
- The most antique coins from around the world and Iran
- Coins from pre-Islamic era, which include Achamenid, Seleucid, Parthian and Sassanian dynasties, and also the governments, who were their dependents, as King of Pars, Khorasan and Elyamid governments.
- Coins after Islam from the beginning of the establishment of Islamic government until 2002
- Special exhibitions, which include the smallest and largest coins around the world, commemorative coins, medallions, the use of coins in ornamentation, scrap (metal) coins, weighing units, coin mould, the difference between hammered and machinery coins, old coins with new marks defect in coins
- Notes including bills, containing the oldest designs in Nassereddin Shah era and the most complete collection of ...see more historical notes of Iran, from the beginning of painting of them by the Imperial Bank until now.
This museum is comprised of other sections, as Gallery, data bank, specialized library, theatre, movie, bookstore and coffee shop.