Mirror Palace or ( Museum of mirrors and lightening ) with a total area of 81740 and an underpinning of 837, is located in a beautiful garden in Yazd city, Ayatollah Kashani Street, and opposite of Hafte Tir Park. This building has been the private inn of a rich man, made by Saraf Zadeh, in 1941.
After revolution it was confiscated by the order of Mohamad Sadooghi, and it changed to museum in 1377. The architectural style is traditional, European, including, rooms facing the pool, bedrooms, predominantly part, spring house, and services.
The building includes an atrium-like hall, spring house a hall and some rooms connected to it.
Occasionally, in the house spring the museums of Artist`s paintings, photography are exhibited. The painting on the wall and mirror, are the room`s decoration. The beautiful decoration consists of mirror work of ceiling, latticed doors, which all of them are made entirely by Iranian architects. The spring house`s painting were painted on canvas and then installed on the walls.
The doors and windows are wooden and latticed with colorful glass.
This museum is the only museum in the subject of light in Iran; it included a variety of fat-burning, burning candles, oil burners and electric items. The objects in this museum are made of potter, glass, brass, copper and bronze.