Chupan church is an historical building that is located in the west of Jolfa border town in the coast of Aras river and between red alluvial mountains in range of eastern Azerbaijan. Based on some statements probably they built this church for shepherds, who their sheep grazes on the pasture, to not go to the villages of Damascus valley for praying. This historical building has been built in 16th century and rebuilt in 1836(AC). The plane of the church from outside is like a square with the dimension of 7,7 in 5,7m and from inside it`s like a cross. Chupan church is a little church and the space is only for 10 people. The arches of the church , like other churches is forked. Chupan church is one of the historical buildings in Iran which registered in the list of UNESCO world heritage.